Thursday, June 12, 2008

Love, don't believe the hype.



For an expected homebody such as myself the school-less/social-less summer is the harbinger of lethargy, poisonous amounts of internet use, and slip-of-the-finger On Demand orders. lovely. But i WOULD like to pat myself on the back for opening the summer of '08 with a substantial amount and rapid rate of reading (John Green's Looking for Alaska & Orwell's 1984 were pretty kick-ass reads). Ok back on track. So with that all said I have also come across poisonous amounts of love. Yes poisonous. Poisonous to the romantic love deprived or killers - of which I am both an upstanding member. Being without a "summer love" in all honestly sorta sucks, but what irks me more is the fact that maybe for the first time in my life I am not utterly in like with someone, ANYONE. Lterally no one. It's an odd feeling when love is replaced with content. Isn't that supposed to happen when i'm old and gray, rocking chair, blahdy blahdy blah? So today I see Hairspray(2008): super hot dude falls for the "outcast", The Holiday: women switch homes for the holidays, find their unsuspecting soulmates and last but not least Gavin Rossdale's uber-heartwarming acoustic rendition of "Suspicious Minds" on Youtube: i swear i will meet my soulmate when i hear them playing this song. How much of a hopeless-romantic-love-killing-jerk am I? So Love? I don't believe the hype, but I listen intently on the buzz.

KELCIE

No comments: